[Archers] challenges

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Tue May 10 14:07:10 PDT 2011

Jonathas,
OK, color me confused, but I won, I think.  Looking at the Seasonal
Challenge scores I see that even though I consider myself a REAL archer
using REAL equipment that requires skill and technique, I had to shoot
your challenge with a weapon I have not scored an RR with.  Thus I was
relegated to going to a neighbor's house, who has children, and stealing
their son's toys.  You would call it a crossbow.  Breaking 6 of Achbar's
new arrows in half so they would be short enough to shoot on this
child's toy - let us recall that the crossbow was invented because it
took years for an English bowman to become proficient with a real weapon
while it took only weeks to become proficient, if you could all it that,
with a crossbow.- it appears that my total score is LESS than your total
score for the shoot.  As this challenge was for HOW FEW SHAFTS it took
to accomplish I believe that means I won.  However, here comes the
question after all my crossbow insults :), what do the scores on the
main page mean?  How are they tallied?  Does it mean you have sustained
15 challenges and I only 2?  if so, it is incorrect, even though I won
this challenge using the devil's instrument.

Have I mentioned how glad I am to be back using a REAL bow?

cog the boastful...........................and fearing the wrath of the
crossbow community!