[Archers] Crossbows

Garth Groff ggg9y at virginia.edu
Tue Jun 28 08:49:10 PDT 2011

Noble friends of the bow,

Please allow me to throw out one more consideration about crossbows:
some people can't use a handbow, and a crossbow is the only way they can
participate in archery. One of Isenfir's archers has an arm which is
permanently injured and can't be rotated to a proper position for
shooting a handbow. My friend tried valiantly to master a regular bow,
but could rarely hit the target. I suggested he might be able to use a
crossbow, and arranged with Lord Bubba to bring one for him to try. My
friend loved the crossbow, and immediately ordered one from Lord Mors.
Now he is an enthusiastic crossbowman, and his Royal Round scores
continue to climb. He has even taken up making his own bolts.

Even though I love my longbow, you won't hear any gripes about
crossbowmen from me.

Kind regards,

Lord Mungo Napier, Shire of Isenfir TA Marshal