[Archers] Youth Target Archery Marshal Program

Garth G. Groff ggg9y at virginia.edu
Wed Jun 1 07:29:31 PDT 2011

M'Lady Lorelei,

This is great news! Thank you for working on this project.

Now some questions. What is meant by " Complete all MIT requirements"?
Do you mean that they must complete the same three supervised
tournaments as any adult MIT? Or is this somehow superfluous since they
must always be under supervision? So when they complete their three
tournaments (if that is what you want), does their status somehow change
or are they somehow recognized as graduating to a slightly higher
position of responsibility? Maybe they could receive some sort of
partial warrant at this point.

The natural question then follows, what does "MITs at least twice a year
. . . " mean? At tournaments, or is practice acceptable?

I presume that the Youth MIT doesn't always have to be under the direct
supervision of his/her mentor, since they still must be supervised by a
warranted target archery marshal at all times. So can the youth attend a
tournament and practice MIT responsibilities without their mentor being
at the event?

What sort of reports do you want from the mentor? Will this be
acceptable if covered in the quarterly report? If the mentor is not also
the local group's TA marshal, and therefore does not file quarterly
reports, we need a new form for them to send in or at least their own
quarterly report.

These might seem like picky points, but let's get them clarified in
writing BEFORE the proposed law change is submitted. Gotta clean up
those loopholes, you know.

Kind regards,

Lord Mungo Napier, Shire of Isenfir TA Marshal