[Archers] Beginner bow

Marybeth Lavrakas katrous at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 08:35:34 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I recently had a fairly new person to the SCA ask me what bow I would recommend
for a beginner to start with. I didn't have a good answer for him, because I've
only ever shot with longbows and know nothing about recurves or other styles.
What would be your top recommendation for a new target archer who understandably
doesn't want to spend $300 right off the bat.

(Although...didn't Ascham say something about it being better to pay double for
a good bow than half for one that breaks?  LOL)

Thanks,  Kateryn Rous