[Archers] Congratulations!

Patrick O'Keefe cpokeefe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 17:19:43 PDT 2010

just to point out a discrepancy, Barun Siegfried was misquoted.  He did not
say the MIC was not involved in the planning, he said the Target Archery MIC
was not involved.

The autocrat cannot be expected to know all of the issue with all of the
different disciplines.  Heck, the MIC cannot be expected to know all of the
issues (unless we are trying to say that the MIC must be a marshal of all
disciplines, but I think that would only result in hard-to-find MIC's).  The
"owner" of the Target Archery at the event is the the Marshal in charge of
Target Archery (TA MiC) at the event.  The Autocrat, MiC, and TA MiC (plus
the MiC's of all other disciplines) work together to figure out space and
requirements.  If the TAMiC is not part of the process, then one can hardly
blame the MiC and Autocrat if things aren't perfect for what the TA MiC has
in mind.

1. I agree that last minute changes cause problems.
2. I agree that the autocrat changing the field at the last minute is not
good, and should be avoided if at all possible
3. I agree that pointing fingers is bad, but analysis of a breakdown is
needed in order to discover how things can be done better in the future
4. With the event in question, the breakdown appears to have been that the
TA MiC was not part of the process

Bjorn