[Archers] Congratulations!

Alexandratos, Jerry (NIH/NCI) [E] alexanje at mail.nih.gov
Sun Sep 26 15:28:37 PDT 2010

Hi folks,
    You guys are over-thinking this...  No matter what is the event, if it has archery, then it must include a warranted archery marshal.  You don't need to train the autocrat in archery, just that (a) the safety rules are non-negotiable, and (b) they have to listen to their marshals, or they don't get archery (or heavy or rapier or whatever).  The autocrat can dictate theme, timing, etc., <b>but not safety</b>.  You need to train the archery marshal about what is a safe, non-negotiable range.  Or else the Knight Marshal hands the marshal-I-C their own head or *ahem* germline organs on a platter if the safety rules get broken.  I agree that it is unreasonable to expect an autocrat to be trained in every component of an event.  No one would autocrat ever again if it needed a 16 page sign-off sheet just to volunteer.  Not unless you want someone who thinks "let's play bureaucracy" is a fun event.
regards,
Jerry