[Archers] Known World Archery Championship

Gordon Kinnie am_piobaire at comcast.net
Thu Oct 28 20:04:49 PDT 2010

Answers to questions.

1. Were you confined by the powers-that-be to a post-6 pm time slot because
you had not arranged the novelty shoot pre-Pennsic?  On which range did you
run your shoot?

The shoot was arranged about mid April.to late to be published on the
schedule, but well before Pennsic.   I was given the time slot then.and told
that all Novelty shoots will take place after the range officially closes
for war points.   I was given a choice of days as no other shoots were yet
scheduled.   Shoot was on the Royal round range.

2. Am I mistaken, or are there novelty shoots just about every day over on
the royal round range, or on the novelty ("youth") range - - and decidedly
not post-6 pm? I seem to recall shooting a beaver and a lion at about 3 pm
on the royal round range year before last.

I know of only my shoot at the range last year.

3. Whose permission did it take to set up your one-target, post-6 pm shoot?
Did they tell you that all novelty shoots have to post-6 or pre-war? For
next year? Was any rationale proffered?

I had to get SB's permission to have the shoot.  He actually shot against
Seamus.   He told me all none war points shoots were to be held after war
points closed.

4. Did you ask directly or did Bright Hills ask, and when did you ask?

 I sponsored the shot and sent SB an email to ask in April.

5. Your shoot sounds fun - - it resembles the many hours of happy, jovial,
competitve shooting we did for fun the first week of Pennsic, before the war
points started. I think the war targets are great targets, I just don't like
having to wait interminably to shoot them during war week. We had a good
time trying to hit only heads, one arrow per target . . . or only empty
space over the warriors left shoulder, etc.

Just an idea, to get it going.

Godai