[Archers] Fwd: [SCA-Archery] E.GADS

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Mon Oct 25 13:36:56 PDT 2010

Well this is not as easy as it sounds.. I have approached the powers to be
at Pennsic more than once about an Atlantia vs everyone else archery
competition more than one time. Most times it was met with hesitation and
little interest. I was also told that there used to be an event that was
held elsewhere like this and then it would simply end.. I think for many
archers who attend Pennsic and don't take part in the battle, there could be
much more done along the lines of archery. After all most of us are there
and time would be plentiful to support something like this. The trouble
since the archery range was moved, is lack of constructive use of space.
Bright Hills wanted to seriously sponsor a shoot this year and there was no
where to put it. We ended up bringing one target that Godai made and held
his shoot instead. They would also not allow any shoot to occur prior to 5pm
which doesn't leave a lot of time..Maybe if there is new blood running
things they will be more receptive to these type events, I would love to see
archery grow well beyond just war points at Pennsic but not sure the East
will be willing to oblige.

Janyn