[Archers] Fwd: [SCA-Archery] E.GADS

Denise McMahon denise at shado.info
Mon Oct 25 11:38:09 PDT 2010

I concur wholeheartedly with Fens' idea. It would be *very cool* to
take part of the range at Pennsic for an Atlantian Challenge.  It's
also fairly easy to do. Just contact the person in charge of the
martial activities for Pennsic next year, or the person in charge of
Pennsic 40 Archery and tell them what you would like to do. figure out
a time for the challenge and get it scheduled.

As a Mongol, I value Archers and their contribution to *any* event and
have sponsored Archery for many years. :)  I also sponsored an all
woman team at the last Golden Rose Tournament because I really feel
that women and the martial disciplines in the Society are rather under
valued. However, I also like to have sense of humor about it. So
figure out what you would need- dream big- and I would love to help
you make that happen. Pavilion for shade? Your own water buffalo for
the day? Pennants? Banners? Advertising all over the kingdoms and
Pennsic? Articles in the Independant? Tabards? T-shirts for a
fundraiser? Getting a special edition shuttle bus to ferry folks up to
the Archers field for the day? It can all happen.

Go for it. Make it fun and watch the number of archers show up.

cheers!

Countess Rowan

On Oct 24, 2010, at 8:45 PM, fenrisulven at comcast.net wrote:

> I don't know how difficult it would be to arrange.  We have so many
> female archers that can kick tail.
>
> Maybe instead, take part of the range at Pennsic for an Atlantian
> Challenge:  our  "girls" against the best team any kingdom can muster.
>
> Besides, its time Atlantia reminded the East what both already
> know.   ;)
>
> Cheers
> Fen

Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.
   -Anonymous