[Archers] Known World Archery Championship

Holly Gibbons holly0920 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 14:25:41 PDT 2010

Godai, Dearest Samurai Archer:

Thank you for your account of last year's experience, and for your interesting
ideas on a shoot using existing war points targets. This is most helpful! I have
few queries, if you will allow me.

1. Were you confined by the powers-that-be to a post-6 pm time slot because you
had not arranged the novelty shoot pre-Pennsic?  On which range did you run your
shoot?

2. Am I mistaken, or are there novelty shoots just about every day over on the
royal round range, or on the novelty ("youth") range - - and decidedly not
post-6 pm? I seem to recall shooting a beaver and a lion at about 3 pm on the
royal round range year before last.

3. Whose permission did it take to set up your one-target, post-6 pm shoot? Did
they tell you that all novelty shoots have to post-6 or pre-war? For next year?
Was any rationale proffered?

4. Did you ask directly or did Bright Hills ask, and when did you ask?

5. Your shoot sounds fun - - it resembles the many hours of happy,
jovial, competitve shooting we did for fun the first week of Pennsic, before the
war points started. I think the war targets are great targets, I just don't like
having to wait interminably to shoot them during war week. We had a good time
trying to hit only heads, one arrow per target . . . or only empty space over
the warriors left shoulder, etc.

Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts. Thumbs up!

Your fellow Nut-about-Bows, Nuala

Original Message: 1