[Archers] Fw: Re: Pennsic

Holly Gibbons holly0920 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 15:06:34 PDT 2010

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Garth G. Groff <ggg9y at cms.mail.virginia.edu>
To: holly0920 at yahoo.com
Sent: Wed, October 27, 2010 1:04:30 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Barber S-2 trucks

M'Lady Nuala,

I vote for a shoot open to ALL archers at all levels, separate from any war
points, and without elite teams. In other words, an all-populace shoot. Atlantia
sponsors, and gives prizes at various levels (could we use Royal round rankings
or similar?) so that everyone from beginner to expert has a chance to win
something in their current level. Offer a special "bragging rights" trophy of
some kind based on the highest total among the top four or so scorers from each
kingdom (which would give each kingdom a fairly even chance of winning this
trophy). Keep the number of targets to around a dozen, so the course could be
shot in no more than two hours (to reduce burnout in novices). Make the
instructions easy to understand, and the shooting of varying difficulty (some
easy points on each target for the less experienced, but the possibility of
higher scores and more difficulty for top shooters). A theme would be nice.

Lady Sarah and I are planning on being at Pennsic this year (probably for five
days near the end of the first week), and although I am hoping to teach some
classes, I would be willing to give some time to marshaling this shoot if it
fits into our schedule.

Sorry, I'm at home and can't post this to the whole group. Repost it for
discussion if you wish.

Kind regards,

Lord Mungo Napier, Shire of Isenfir TA Marshal