[Archers] Pennsic

Holly Gibbons holly0920 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 07:29:34 PDT 2010

Dear Archer-co-conspirators:

I am willing to work for this. I will bring targets, do the advertizing at
Pennsic and ahead of time, whatever needs doing now or later. But honestly, the
person heading this up (or persons) need to be able to communicate at the
highest level with Royalty and others. Who can do that? DEM Lorelei?
Yew-bow-people? Barons and Baronesses? Countesses?

Who is running archery for the Mid this year? Do we go directly from our
Fearless Leader DEM Lorelei to the Mid-Pennsic-Panda DEM or does our Royalty go
to Mid-Royalty? I haven't got a clue about this stuff.

But truly, the first actual steps are going to be political, once we all decide
exactly what it is we are proposing to do. So let us continue this dialog to lay
out precisely what we want to happen. Do we have agreement that our goal is
a "novelty" shoot at Pennsic, sponsored by Atlantian Archers or sponsored by
Atlantian Royalty (this is probably better), to take place on a weekday during
war week (preferably tues or wed), in which we take over the entire range
(hopefully), set up targets early in the a.m., have a great shoot, collect
scores by individual and by kingdom, and award wonderful prizes and bragging
rights at the end? Is this shoot open to all, or only to a certain level of
archer, or to a certain number of archers per kingdom (like mayvbe 25 archers)?
Is there a theme or is it just bring one target each from your stash? Who among
us exactly is willing to sacrifice some trailer space for exactly what targets?
Can we make this happen on the "back 40" land (and maybe in the woods) if we are
not allowed to use the war points range? Can we have this novelty shoot and
still have enough marshalls to run war points? (I would rather see war points
NOT shot that day.) Will this shoot draw archers away from the champs team and
the war points shooting? And how can we get around this and assure the
Easterners and Midders who care about winning their war that this won't happen?

So many questions.
Let's draw up the vision and flesh it out, as archers, while the political types
figure out how to make this happen.

Nuala of Needwood