[Archers] Atlantian Pennsic Competition

Holly Gibbons holly0920 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 15:19:25 PDT 2010

Dear fellow Atlantian Archers:

I think Jonathas is on to somethng - - if we each brought one target with
accompanying instruction page and stakes to put up, and if we could get
permission to use the "back 40" from 9 to 3 some weekday, i.e. the fields around
the trailers behind the range, we could actually pull this off. It would not
take long to put up/take down a range if everyone has only one target to worry
about. If each group of four has a marshall, we are covered for marshalling,
just as at local events.

I don't know that you can have thousands of shots at each target so you may need
to limit archers a little bit, but it would be a fun fun day for all and achieve
the goal of having a kingdom-by-kingdom competition as well as an individual
competition.

Even better would be to have the entire range one day - - who really wants to
shoot those war points four days in a row anyway? I cannot imagine it. So IF the
royalty of Atlantia would ask for this, maybe we have a shot. I totally get the
pessimism, Siegfried, and know it's based on reality and Pennsic history, but I
just won't take "no" yet. Let the East and Mid have their war, but also let the
archers of the known world come together for a competition sponsored by
Atlantia. For gosh sakes, at Pennsic we have hundreds of acres and two full
weeks! Why not!?

Nuala of Needwood, heartily signing in on the dream and willing to work for it