[Archers] Pennsic

Denise McMahon denise at shado.info
Wed Oct 27 10:36:51 PDT 2010

I have written to the Lord Mayor of Pennsic 40 and asked to be put in
contact with whomever is in charge of Archery for Pennsic 40. It's
Baron Devon, so only Lord knows when he'll get back to me. :) I didn't
leave it at that since I have one or two friends who are Society level
marshals (they are from the Midrealm), so I asked them to please go
find out what they could so we could get a jump start on this. It was
my intention to give the information to Lorelei or perform
introductions and then stand back and let the Archery Community run
with the project giving any other support that I could.

I'm still waiting to hear back- but I only wrote to folks and placed
phone calls on Monday and both of them travel a great deal. Those who
know me, know that I am rather persistant, so I do think that I should
have some good info for us shortly.  However, that shouldn't stop
anyone else from writing emails to the Lord Mayor, phoning folks they
know or otherwise utilizing their contacts to make this thing happen.
The more the merrier might actually get this thing done- and that
would be fabulous for everyone, Atlantia and everyone else.

As ever, sometimes the coronet can be useful for something other then
an ornate paperweight. :) Just to trying to be helpful.

cheers!

-Rowan

On Oct 27, 2010, at 10:29 AM, Holly Gibbons wrote:

> Dear Archer-co-conspirators:
>
> I am willing to work for this. I will bring targets, do the
> advertizing at Pennsic and ahead of time, whatever needs doing now
> or later. But honestly, the person heading this up (or persons) need
> to be able to communicate at the highest level with Royalty and
> others. Who can do that? DEM Lorelei? Yew-bow-people? Barons and
> Baronesses? Countesses?
>
> Who is running archery for the Mid this year? Do we go directly from
> our Fearless Leader DEM Lorelei to the Mid-Pennsic-Panda DEM or does
> our Royalty go to Mid-Royalty? I haven't got a clue about this stuff.
>
> But truly, the first actual steps are going to be political, once we
> all decide exactly what it is we are proposing to do. So let us
> continue this dialog to lay out precisely what we want to happen. Do
> we have agreement that our goal is a "novelty" shoot at Pennsic,
> sponsored by Atlantian Archers or sponsored by Atlantian Royalty
> (this is probably better), to take place on a weekday during war
> week (preferably tues or wed), in which we take over the entire
> range (hopefully), set up targets early in the a.m., have a great
> shoot, collect scores by individual and by kingdom, and award
> wonderful prizes and bragging rights at the end? Is this shoot open
> to all, or only to a certain level of archer, or to a certain number
> of archers per kingdom (like mayvbe 25 archers)? Is there a theme or
> is it just bring one target each from your stash? Who among us
> exactly is willing to sacrifice some trailer space for exactly what
> targets? Can we make this happen on the "back 40" land (and maybe in
> the woods) if we are not allowed to use the war points range? Can we
> have this novelty shoot and still have enough marshalls to run war
> points? (I would rather see war points NOT shot that day.) Will this
> shoot draw archers away from the champs team and the war points
> shooting? And how can we get around this and assure the Easterners
> and Midders who care about winning their war that this won't happen?
>
> So many questions.
> Let's draw up the vision and flesh it out, as archers, while the
> political types figure out how to make this happen.
> Nuala of Needwood

If in the darkness of ignorance,
you don’t recognize a person’s true nature, look to see whom he has
chosen for his leader.

-Rumi, "Mathnawi" [IV, 1640]