[Archers] the St. Sebastian Prize at Pennsic XL

fenrisulven at comcast.net fenrisulven at comcast.net
Tue Nov 2 09:38:44 PDT 2010

I see what you mean.  I'm still leaning toward RRs because the IKAC was harder for me as a newcomer to get my head around. I know its only 2 RRs and 2 more rapid sets from the 30 and 40, but somehow it seems much more complex to my feeble mind than 3 RRs for average score.

More importantly, I prefer RRs because that puts the final judgement locally with each Kingdom's MICs, who know their people better and can fix any issues on the scene back home. We don't want to tell an archer he can't shoot because a far away guy running the IKAC site didn't approve his scores.

I agree that a numeric RR average isn't the perfect solution. Maybe we could drop the qual by 10-15 points to compensate for anyone who would be shut out because their kingdom's RR rules are more strict?

Cheers

Fen