[Archers] the St. Sebastian Prize at Pennsic XL

fenrisulven at comcast.net fenrisulven at comcast.net
Mon Nov 1 22:05:37 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anne Rose Smythe" <annerosesmythe at gmail.com>
To: cogworks at triad.rr.com
Cc: "Holly Gibbons" <holly0920 at yahoo.com>, archers at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Sent: Monday, November 1, 2010 10:10:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Archers] the St. Sebastian Prize at Pennsic XL

I would suggest, going the RR or IKAC score. Start talking up the IKAC and RRs even for those old and jaded archers, I suspect if there is even the smelling ofa carrot to be had, and enough warning given, they would be willing to shoot a few RRs to show us "young whippwersnappers" how it is done .

I think thats an excellent point.  Once (if) we're committed to hosting a shoot at Pennsic, we can adverstise to each kingdom that RRs (standardized to the SCA Marshall scores:   http://scores-sca.org/home/index.php  ) will be the qualifier.  This would also bring more archers into the system by encouraging them to shoot more Royal Rounds.  And if not everyone gets the word, it simply means a smaller crowd to work with the first year, when we're ironing out the bugs anyway.

Cuttoff might be numerical score not rank, since it looks like everyone ranges from 0-120ish.  I don't know what the exact number should be, wiser minds should discuss, but I'm thinking somewhere between 50-80 points?

I really like the idea of showcasing Atlantia's skill making Novelty Targets. There have been some really goods ones out there.  Maybe we can have an A&S contest this spring, giving everyone all winter to design one for consideration. The MIC could either pick the ones he wants to use or put it up to populace vote.

Can anyone here with experience hauling targets up to Pennsic give us a sense of what to expect and plan against?

And nice work Holly.  I won't be a Pennsic this year, but you know I'll help you anyway I can back here.  Just let me know what you need done.

Cheers

Fen