[Archers] Specifically, the 'written exception' rule

Siegfried siegfried at crossbows.biz
Fri Mar 5 07:30:16 PST 2010

You see, there is a problem here.

IMO, one cannot just look at a 'range' and say that it's safe to use.
There are many variables at work, such as the bows being used (kids,
adults, crossbows), the type of target, the location of the target, etc.

So while a range that say is only 60yds deep, might be cleared for use
as a 5yd ground target only shoot with 1 archer at a time.

It's a different story if you put a 5yd pop-n-jay on it.   Or a 40yd RR
range.

Also, where you put the shooting line, exactly, etc.

So to my mind, it would be a poorly served 'exception', if it just was
written generically, wouldn't it be?  Rarely at an event site (or event
practice site) is the exact same shoot setup in the same location every
time.

And hence, much of my concern.

Heck, imagine a shoot such as On Target in annapolis, or shoots that
have taken place at the Baltimore Bowmen club ... Where basically every
single shoot (of 15+) setup, will be exceptions to the rule, due to
having hills/etc acting as backdrops.  You'll need exceptions for each
of the 15 ranges, and then to repeat that for every event there as the
shoots will be different.

Siegfried