[Archers] Tips was: Re: Safety advice on atal-atals and crossbows

Siegfried siegfried at crossbows.biz
Wed Jun 30 08:43:30 PDT 2010

Actually, I should point out, that Metal Tips are not REQUIRED on any
ammo.  One can shoot untipped arrows (or fire hardened as I've seen
before) if one wants.

Don't tend to fly too well, but ... archers choice there.   The only
rule about tips states that you can't have tips that will cause
excessive damage to targets.   a sharpened wooden point, will obviously
not (especially since it may quite often just bounce off *grin*)

>From the SCA rules:
3.	No broadheads or tips that cause excessive damage to the targets
shall be used, except for special competitions using these heads with
the permission of the Target Archery Marshal-in-Charge and the Kingdom
Archery Marshal.

Siegfried