[Archers] Quarterly report form

Garth G. Groff ggg9y at virginia.edu
Wed Jun 2 05:50:55 PDT 2010

M'Lady Lorelei and friends,

Yesterday I made some comments about the Atlantian Archery Marshal
Quarterly Report Form to Lorelei. What I said was largely from memory
(always a bad thing for me to do, now being much older than Lord Elvis).
Last night I filed my report, and  would like to clarify my comments to
Lorelei, plus spark a discussion among us all about how the form might
be improved.

My biggest beef is there there is not enough room in the text boxes to
describe all of a quarter's activities. Yes, you can go beyond the
limits, but the box doesn't expand. At least when printed locally, any
text beyond the end of the box will be lost. I don't know if additional
information is cut off from the actual form as it is received. I would
like to see the size of these boxes expanded, at least two accommodate
twice as many characters. Do others feel the text boxes are large
enough, or am I just being too wordy?

I was wrong about not being able to print the sheet (excepting the above
problem). A simple print command does it. However, my seneschales have
also been interested in having the report, and it would be useful if we
could add an additional address(es) so the electronic version can be
sent to local officers or saved on our own computers, rather than
printing multiple copies on paper. Does anybody else feel a need for
such a feature? Does anyone else actually save their reports, or share
them with their group officers?

The form is largely oriented to reporting on local shoots. This time I
also wanted to include information on assisting at two tournaments, and
a public demonstration where I showed period gear and garb. This stuff
went in the general "comments" section. Is this sort of information
useful? If so, then we should probably have a block for "other archery
activities" or some such heading.

Comments?

Kind regards,

Lord Mungo Napier, Shire of Isenfir Target Archery Marshal