[Archers] Trying to make some sense...

fenrisulven at comcast.net fenrisulven at comcast.net
Mon Jul 19 11:02:31 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Siegfried" <siegfried at crossbows.biz>
To: archers at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 12:58:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Archers] Trying to make some sense...

"an autocrat that simply does not provide the space needed, is not being hostile."

I didn't mean to imply that an autocrat is hostile simply because he wont provide the requested space.  I meant hostile as in screaming at volunteers setting up the course, yelling and fighting publicly with the MIC, and other abusive behavior that discourages others from approaching him when a concern or issue arises.

"Nor should we remove an autocrat's right to change the layout of the event and needs dictate."

I disagree.  After the range fans are set, it becomes a safety issue.  If an autocrat attempted to place a merchant booth inside the heavy fighter list, wouldn't his right to change the layout be trumped?

But I see your point.  I just dont want to see changes to the range fan made casually by someone who doesn't know archery.  Perhaps the MOL should have a voice if the autocrat wants to change designated safety zones already in place.

Cheers

Fen