[Archers] Trying to make some sense...

Siegfried siegfried at crossbows.biz
Mon Jul 19 09:58:47 PDT 2010

To address two things in particular:

> 2) Marshall training should include advice on how to work around an
> autocrat that is hostile and unapproachable.  (do we go to the Seneschal?)
>
> 3) Autocrats should not have the authority to change the archery space
> after the MIC has set his safety zones

It is the autocrat's job to plan/run the event.  That includes asking
for whatever archery they wish, and providing space for it based upon
the Marshal's input.

It's the Marshal's job to provide safety.

Therefore, an autocrat that simply does not provide the space needed, is
not being hostile.  Nor should we remove an autocrat's right to change
the layout of the event and needs dictate.

It is the Marshal's job, to inform the autocrat that "If they do that,
safety of archery is compromised"

And if the Autocrat still chooses to make that change.  It's the duty of
the Marshal to shut down the range (be it part of it, or all archery for
the day)...

For the autocrat has deemed it so.  It's their event afterall, if they
don't want archery, and if archery can't be held safely within their
bounds, then it's the marshal's job to shut archery down, and the
autocrat's job to take all flak from archers who drove 5 hours to shoot
and now can't.