[Archers] Fletchers' Guild statement of purpose (for comments)

Garth G. Groff ggg9y at virginia.edu
Fri Apr 2 11:57:17 PDT 2010

Lord Siegfried,

An important point, and useful to keep in mind before this thing gets
out of control (fat chance, but let's not tempt fate.). Thanks.
Certainly #5 is a bit grand. At the moment, of course, these are just
discussion points. I think you would agree that the others are pretty
much assumed within an such group. I am definitely in the camp that
would keep this group informal (and certainly without officers, reports,
etc.).

Kind regards,

Mungo Napier, Shire of Isenfir Archery Marshal

Siegfried wrote:

I wish to encourage your endeavor, as fletching is an excellent art
form, and one not known widely enough as I see numerous people out
buying arrows directly instead (at higher cost)

One thing I would humbly suggest though.  That being to keep yourself
much more informal, and without 'grand goals' like you've stated below
(many of which would actually require kingdom law changes)

I've seen many such guilds fail, when they try to have grand goals and
be formalized from the beginning, not the least of which because they
perhaps turn off people from then as they don't agree w/ their ideals
and/or see them as exclusive.

Whereas many of the most successful guilds have been just formed
informally, and over time, if enough interest grows, natural sets of
'guidelines' and 'goals' will present themselves and/or be granted.