[Archers] fletchers guild

Garth G. Groff ggg9y at virginia.edu
Fri Apr 2 11:43:23 PDT 2010

Lord Christophe,

Good points. I would like the idea of having our own list if the group
grows large enough. As long as it's small, and if the regular members on
the archers' list don't mind, we should probably stay here for now. It
would also be cool to have a home page with contact information and
maybe some graphics, especially if it is linked to the Kingdom A&S pages
(since Atlantian archery pages don't lend themselves to this at the
present time).

Yes, there will always be lurkers, contributors who don't do much, and
people who get excited then quickly lose interest. As along as we have a
good core, no problem. If just a few of the less excited catch fire (so
to speak), then it is worth carrying everyone. There definitely won't be
any criteria to be a member beyond the usual web courtesies.

Subject to approval by the June University autocrat, I propose to set up
a table during the lunch hour to show off some of Lady Sarah's and my
arrows, maybe fletch a few shafts, and generally talk up arrow building.
Should anyone wish to share the table, and bring their own work,
wonderful. It would be a great way to make new friends, recruit new
fletchers, and promote archery in general. This is something we could
all do at various tournaments, especially those with a strong archery
agenda.

Kind regards,

Lord Mungo Napier, Shire of Isenfir Archery Marshal