[Archers] Midnight at the Oasis

April Riley ariley2 at nc.rr.com
Sat Sep 12 06:13:22 PDT 2009

"Hear ye, hear ye, attention all archers in the land.

Come to Midnight at the Oasis to help Shayk Al-Hamidi bint Sakr.

There is a rumor that the villagers are in danger from deadly cobras. Some
evil infidel has replaced the snake charmers pet cobras with the most deadly
spitting cobras (they learned it from the camels).  We must protect the
villagers and snake charmer and kill them before they get loose.  So grab
your bows and let's go hunting."

If loaner equipment is needed please email me so I know how much to bring,
also if there are any questions about the shoot or offers to help (I like
help), please email me at ariley2 at nc.rr.com. I would like to have a second
range open and am looking for someone to run it.

A parent or guardian (over the age of 18) must be present for children under
the age of 15 to shoot.

In service,

Luisa O'Reilly

919-665-7146

Midnight at the Oasis II
September 18-20, 2009
Canton of Nimenefeld

  _____

Night has fallen over the Chastellet of Jacobs Ford, still under
construction. The camels of Mamluks bray in the warm August air of the River
Jordan. There is a festive air in the Castle as the seemingly impregnable
ramparts are nearly complete. A great feast and much strong drink have been
gathered to celebrate the leper king's defiance of the Muslim heathens in
their attempts to retake Jerusalem. Over the sound of the beating drums,
Regnier de Maron can be heard boasting that just four months earlier he had
single-handedly forced the great Muslim army to retreat from the banks of
the river with just one well-placed arrow into their generals chest.
Inebriated by food, drink, and good company, no one knows that just on the
other side of the Bnot Yaakov Bridge the tents of Saladin's Army mass to
begin the siege. In the meantime . . . Join us for the feast, the merry
making, the spitting camel contest. Listen to the call of the east.

Website: http://nimenefeld.windmastershill.org/mato2009

Site: The Optimist Farm site is a wet site, with lots of tent camping
available, and port-a-castles provided. Yes, we are going to have the Period
camping site. Pets and camels (both kind) are welcome as long as they are on
a leash and attended by a responsible person.

Activities: There's going to be a whole bunch of fighting. We will have
heavy, rapier, and archery (both kinds). There will be an open display of
Western Asia A&S, with prizes for the Autocrat's Choice for best dressed
Arab, Persian, or Ottoman, etc. Check the website for updated information on
A&S competitions. We shall provide a feast of heroic proportions for your
hungry fighter, followed by a Bardic Circle, dancing, drumming, and other
festivities.

Merchants: Please come and display your wares. Please contact Chlodobert de
Fromage (Jeff Parker) email: cjeffparker at yahoo.com to arrange for space.

Feasting: There will be a sumptuous feast prepared by Gaelan mac Cuinnega'in
email: lordgaelan at aol.com. Feast is limited to 110, so please reserve early!

Reservations: Please include legal name, SCA name, membership number and
expiration date, and email address if an email confirmation is desired,
along with your check made payable to the SCA Inc, Canton of Nimenefeld.
Mail reservations to THL Zita Dominguez (Bobbe Herman), 7537 Newt Country
Lane, Fuquay Varina, NC 27526; bherman at wrightsbuilding.com. All minors
attending the event must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older). If
that adult is not the minor's parent or legal guardian, to enter the site,
they must have an SCA minor's waiver that has been signed by the minor's
parent or legal guardian and notarized. To get a copy of the form go to
Atlantian Child Waiver Site, fill out and bring it with you.

Cost:

On site or day-trip: Adult $12.00 / Child (7-17) $6.00

Feast: Adult $8.00 / Child (7-17) $8.00

Lunch is NOT included in the site fee. A vendor will be on site to supply
lunch for a nominal charge. Non-members add $3. Please bring proof of
membership; our Troll is mean enough to card her Mom. Children under 6 years
of age are guests of the Canton for On Site or Daytrip.

Autocrat: Jodocus Menig von Badenweiler (Frank Menius) at (h) 919-779-1680,
email: frankmenius at yahoo.com

Deputy Autocrat: Adelheid Menig von Badenweiler at (c) 919-779-1680, email:
erikamenius at yahoo.com <http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/erikamenius@yahoo.com>
. Please no phone calls after 9 PM.