[Archers] New Bow Classification (Period)

Bary Sears barysears at comcast.net
Mon Jan 24 02:01:35 PST 2005

Just me being picky - hand bows have the word 'legal' in their definitions,
why doesn't crossbow?  I'd have to check, but are all modern crossbows made
with a rifle stock?  Could you have a pistol grip and tripper on a period
crossbow?  There used to be a law (at least in the Outlands) that you could
use a modern crossbow as long as any cutouts were covered, to present a more
period look.  Never did see anyone do that, though.

I see the cross bow has the highest level of precedence. ;>}

It seems to me that period hand bows shouldn't have laminations that are
modern material (like fiberglass).