[Archers] Names

SPSampson at aol.com SPSampson at aol.com
Wed May 15 12:30:30 PDT 2002

To my fellow archers:

I confess that it was me, Lord Eoghan O'Ruadhain, who ran this line for the gentle in question at Storvik, and recorded his scores.  As I asked his SCA name, he gave me the futuristic reference this has been all about.  I raised my eyebrows, but thought nothing about it, as he would get his direction from a proper Herald should he so design to register a name and personna.  My sole concern was the fact that he observed my directions, conducted himself in a safe manner, and had fun while he shot.  More of an issue might be why this gentle (Robert Stout I believe is the mundane) shot multiple RR's at his previous event, but yet only his highest score was recorded.  Isn't it the Scorekeeper's job to keep the averages based on the 3 highest RR's shot by an archer, not the Marshal to record only the highest RR shot at an event.  I've shot some good RR's and some equally unattractive ones as well, but I want them all to report, just so I can track how well (or not!) my practice is going.

All this from a humble archer who's first attempt at a SCAdian name was a sacrilgious encompassment of the Norse God of Thunder!!

In Service,

Eoghan O'Ruadhain