[Archers] Target Archery Badge (fwd)

Deedee L Cole deallac at juno.com
Wed May 1 14:00:58 PDT 2002

Strictly defined by a previous EM (Duke Galmr), there is NO distinction
from one marshal to another.  He was saying that ALL marshalls should
use the crossed swords.

There was a lot of debate at the time, that it would cause a lot of
confusion
during large events, when a person wanting an inspection might just look
for
someone in the black tabard, and assume that that person was qualified to
do
the inspection.  The confusion would stem from the following types of
situations
(at least)
 - a heavy fighter approaching a CA marshal
 - a combat archer approaching a heavy marshal
 - etc....

Still, last I remember hearing, he had not given in.  It might have
changed.
For the rapier marshalls, the 'adaptation' of just using rapiers, instead
of
broadswords didn't seem to matter.... still crossed swords.  But the
questions arose regarding allowance of crossed arrows or axes (for
thrown weapons).   Other things were suggested, such as having the
main part with the crossed swords, and maybe crosssed arrows up at
the shoulder, but I don't know if that was ever approved.
Also, whether it was going to be highly enforced was never pushed,
nor was the fact that Target Archery and Thrown Weapons were
not 'marshal activities' (meaning contact in my book), and could be
treated as different.

Me, I plan on having a tabard with crossed swords in the main part,
and crossed arrows on one shoulder, crossed axes on the other,
and (hopefully soon) crossed rapiers somewhere between :) :) :)
(need a marshal..... just find Dealla :) (okay, so I won't have
equestrian or hounds, but....... :)

Dealla