[Archers] (no subject)

Deedee L Cole deallac at juno.com
Wed May 1 01:57:42 PDT 2002

As stated in another message, I (a female:) feel responsible for getting
this all started
by making a side comment to Theodore, who eventually got this going, but
no to start
my own......(well, maybe not start, since this isn't my first message :)

I have already stated my feelings about wrist straps.  Now for the RR :)

I am one of those who are AGAINST the requirement.  Maybe for the MITs,
who have never done it, but once you are a warranted marshal, it should
not
be required.  The argument that it is supporting the kingdom is a bit
faulty.
The RR rankings are relatively new in Atlantia, and marshals kept very
safe
lines before that occurrence.  I know of quite a few currently warranted
marshals (or maybe just missing an updated class), who I would have
absolutely
NO qualms about their ability to run a safe line for any kind of shoot,
including
RRs (and they know how to score them too :), but these folks are very
much
against the whole idea of rankings.  It is against their nature, and has
almost
totally turned them off from wanting to shoot them.  They will shoot
other
shoots, but not RRs.

Ignacio stated in another message about how the classes are needed every
2 years (as a kingdom marshallate requirement, not his), because things
can change.  RR's have not changed a bit in the 14 years that I have been

shooting in the Society.

What does this buy us?  Shooting RR's regularly (if only enough to
maintain
an average), doesn't really buy us anything.  Just because some other
kingdoms
may have this requirement doesn't mean that we should.  We are not
lemmings
that have to be followers of all around us.

Enough for now (it's almost 5am, and I have to leave for work :)

Dealla

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:44:36 -0400 "Janie Darby" <darbyjanie at hotmail.com>