[Archers] Discussion on Active/main list

Siegfried Sebastian Faust eliwhite at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 11 07:09:08 PST 2002

>Also, to the comment that the East Archer used more than one weapon to achieve
>that rank, is to me a disappointment.  I know the individual, and have
>seen him
>use different weapons in contests ( I  didn't approve, but the rules allowed
>it), but I didn't know that they would allow the switching to achieve that
>rank.
>The other archers that I know who have achieved that rank used one bow
>type and
>I now have more respect for them, then for the archer mentioned, if that
>case is
>true.

I believe a slight confusion was caused by my email in this regard.

The archer in question (Li Kung Lo - spelling is probably wrong) ... did
NOT use a crossbow and a handbow together to shoot a single royal round
(ie, using the crossbow for the distances shooting, and a handbow for speed
rounds, etc.)  Again, he did NOT.

What he DID do, is go and shoot a 120+ score using his crossbow.  Then he
went and shot a 120+ score using his recurve.  Then he went and shot
another 120+ score using his crossbow.

The point was that his crossbow and recurve scores were averaged together,
to give his overall average.

And also, I just want to point out that I was not necessarily arguing that
we should do this, to have a single combined score, just that that's how
most other kingdoms play (I believe all other kingdoms) ... so I was just
throwing that out as a point of reference.