[Archers] Discussion on Active/main list

Theodore.Shertzer at allfirst.com Theodore.Shertzer at allfirst.com
Mon Feb 11 06:46:35 PST 2002

Hello one and all,

Average for each bow type should be kept separate.  Clear and simple.

As to the question of how to list archers with multiple skills/bow types, here
is my thought on the subject.

Each archer who uses more than one type of bow should be listed in the separate
category showing his/her average with that type of bow.  The main list could be
used in one of two ways:

1. List the Archers once using the highest average, bow type  and the ranking
achieved for that average.  Even if an archer achieves Grand Bowmen Elite with
more than one bow type (i.e crossbow  112,   recurve 100), only the highest
average and type would be listed (crossbow 112).  The recurve category would
show the other.  If they eventually exceed 112 with the recurve, then the
average is updated and the bow type is changed on the main/active list.

2. Since we are breaking down into categories, we could list the archer once and
remove the average from the active/main list, and show only the highest ranking
that each  archer has achieved. This reduces redundancy, and gives purpose for
breaking into categories.   (This is my choice)

In reality the scores and bow type should not show on the active/main list.
Only the highest ranking of the archer.  I feel that the individual averages in
each category shows a better picture of who the skillful archers are in their
category. Showing that a crossbowmen or recurve or longbowmen has the top score
on the main list implies that that archer is the best or number one, when in
actuality, He/She is the number one in that bow type category only.  Again this
is my opinion.

Also, the original notice stated that in each category, that the highest average
or highest ranking ever achieved by the archer could be displayed at the score
keepers choice.  I personally feel that displaying my highest average yields no
purpose. Showing that I have achieve Bowmen Elite or Grand Bowmen Elite, does
show a purpose that the archer is capable of that skill set with that bow type
and should be regarded as such even  if their scores would currently show them
at a different level.

  Again using Mika .  The Active and Crossbow list would show  Grand Bowmen
Elite, the recurve would show Bowmen Elite,  and the longbow would also show
Bowmen Elite.   This gives a more accurate account of the archers skill with
each bow type. And the averages in the categories and not on the Main/Active,
would show the archers ranking in that category.

Also, to the comment that the East Archer used more than one weapon to achieve
that rank, is to me a disappointment.  I know the individual, and have seen him
use different weapons in contests ( I  didn't approve, but the rules allowed
it), but I didn't know that they would allow the switching to achieve that rank.
The other archers that I know who have achieved that rank used one bow type and
I now have more respect for them, then for the archer mentioned, if that case is
true.

Again these are my opinions. And we are know what free opinions are worth.

Theodore