[Archers] scorekeeper clarification

Siegfried Sebastian Faust eliwhite at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 5 05:53:59 PST 2002

>Second - Keep the archers in the exact same ranking position that they have
>at this time. Example - Reynard de La Rochefoucauld keeps the rank of Grand
>Bowman Elite in the non-average table (even with zero royal rounds).
>Muirghen Rhuadh keeps the rank of Bowman. Etc.

Just a note here about a possible mis-interpretation of the above
statement.  Based upon the Atlantian Ranking System Rules (see this webpage
http://archery.atlantia.sca.org/ranking_rules.html) Section II-D ...

A Grand Bowmen Elite, truly KEEPS their rank as a Grand Bowmen Elite, for
all time, no matter what happens to their average.

So in the above cases, Reynard is a Grand Bowmen Elite (even with zero
rounds), but Muirghen, is not a Bowman.

Now, of course, how this fact is to be 'displayed' is a different story ...
but just clarifying the above ...

Also ...

>The answer back from Lord Gruffudd concerning the Atlantian Server is as
>follows:
>!!>>>>
>   However I am planning on installing PHP, which is
>very similar to asp, and in fact there are asp to php converters out there.
>
>Also at the moment I am rather busy with work of my own and as such things
>like installing PHP and MySQL are not in my most immediate plans,  It will
>be done, just not immediately <G>.

Lord Gruffudd might be suprised to know, but PHP is ALREADY installed on
the Atlantian Servers ... (I should know, I've written some php pages for
the Highland Foorde website) ...

Lord Gruffudd has been CC'd on this message, so that he will know he
doesn't need to do said work *grin*.