[Archers] Score Keeper

Theodore.Shertzer at allfirst.com Theodore.Shertzer at allfirst.com
Fri Feb 8 04:33:26 PST 2002

Hello Ignacio,

As you may know I am known  as Lord Theodore Billingsley of Kittredge and reside
in the Barony of Lochmere and
would like to be considered for the Atlantian Score Keeper.

 I already have a spreadsheet, that keeps the last 8 scores for each archer,
automatically selects and averages the  top three scores, automatically divides
out the different bow classifications, indicates automatically when the scores
have expired, and always flags the lowest score(s) to be replace out of the 8,
automatically color codes most of the ranking classifications, etc. Of course,
it can be modified to keep as many scores and additional information per archer
as needed.

I have made  score sheets similar to this for others.

I presently (as do many others) do not have a web site, but would like to send
the htm files that I have made that would be used for the Web site and would be
equivalent in function and would demo what is requested.  Since, I and others
like me may not be selected  and since the Atlantian server might be used by the
new score keeper, I really feel that obtaining a site and building the site
before  being selected is very unproductive and a waste of Web resources. I
believe that not having a web site immediately available to display the htm
files should not stop anyone from applying for the position. The desire,
willingness to serve, having the time to keep to the posting schedule, having
the skill to keep the scores as required, etc. should be a bigger factor than
owning a site before being selected. As mentioned in the correspondence on the
archers list, there are others that are Web gurus who would love to be the Web
keeper for those that do not have or want a web site, but do not want to do the
actual scoring.

Since, the decision is to be made at the end of the month, and since the current
scores would still have to be obtained and entered into the winners scoring
methodology and then transferred to the appropriate Web site, the obtaining of a
site and URL address by one who may not have one I would believe should not be
that complicated to prolong the site from going live once the decision is made.
Not being a web guru, I may be mistaken.

You also mentioned that archiving the scores would be required. What are the
particulars about this requirement?  How do you wish them to be kept and for how
long?   I'm confused as to the value of keeping scores too long once they
expire.  I know at one of our scheduled practices alone, we can average 3-5
royal rounds each practice, and since we could possibly meet over 30 times
during the season, that could generate a lot of scores for the diligent archer.
And we haven't included yet any royals from any of the events, etc..

Again, I would like to be considered, but if the requirement to have a site
prior to selection is that important to the committee, in making the choice.
Then I will have to bow out, since I do not plan to acquire a site, have no need
for one, unless I am selected.
Otherwise,  I plan to e-mail you the appropriate HTM files as noted by the 22nd,
unless informed to do otherwise.

In service,

Theodore Billingsley of Kittredge
(Ted Shertzer)