[Ponte Alto] Weekly Rundown- 2/21

Mariana Ruiz de Medina marianaruizdemedina at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 08:59:35 PST 2022

Happy Monday Ponte Alto!

This week's savory recipe comes from a personal favorite resource of mine-
the *Libro de guisados, manjares, y potages*. This is a 16th C cookbook
that was written in Catalan and translated by a SCAdian. One of the amazing
things about this book is the breadth of subject matter it covers. There
are drinks, savories, and sweets, food for the sick, food for holidays and
fasts, and menus as well. It is a HUGE resource (there are 243 recipes in
it), but is well worth the exploration. I'm including my favorite recipe,
which is a thick pine nut sauce that I honestly just eat by the bowlful,
but is also delicious on poultry. This link
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E651cp1hJQc6q4KBaAsQbXfNgd_EgeS-X5djFuiddqU/edit#bookmark=id.b7ztuudoztpg>
goes to the class handout for the class I taught on this cookbook, which
includes both the original recipe and my redaction.

*Updates for the Week*

   -

   We are still in need of largess! Contact Her Excellency to learn more.
   -

   Kingdom Arts and Sciences is quickly approaching! Now is a great time to
   start planning out your displays and competition entries! Virtual
   displays can be registered here.
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe5Y2kDQFloEHwopm2GS5wkJAJVJdlFMvlmHw2rfhjqcC_f3w/viewform?fbclid=IwAR1bkzD1AXMyCU07pLRPwPOTgpjfg_tMG7E7RSrbmXzod2PP_j7f634OLxk>
   -

   The deadline for the Persona Challenge is 3/5! Sign up here
   <https://forms.gle/kez9zjLKzVSNYgB3A>.

*Events this Week*

   -

   *Monday, 2/21, 5 pm- Atlantian Wiki WalkThrough*, On Zoom. Learn more
   about how to write and format Atlantia Wiki pages, and take a look at a
   few. Link to Facebook event here. <https://fb.me/e/62kD4qmz9>
   -

   *Tuesday, 2/22, 10 pm- Medieval Toys and Making A Ball*, Details in
   Facebook event, link here <https://fb.me/e/1a09A6dyb>.
   -

   *Sunday, 2/27, 5 pm- February Populace Meeting.* On Zoom. Link to
   Facebook event here. <https://fb.me/e/2YtvlZl6x>

*Upcoming A&S Opportunities- February and March 2022*

   - *Day of Love II*- February 26. Quite a few wonderful looking classes,
   schedule is up on the website
   <https://paganussca.wixsite.com/website/a-s-competitions>.
   - *Kingdom Arts and Sciences Festival- *March 5, quite a few things
   including Royal Brewer, Royal Baker, Duke Gyrth Memorial Smackdown, Persona
   Pentathlon, and more. See the event website here
   <https://kasf.atlantia.sca.org/>.
   - *Nottinghill Coill Baronial Birthday-* March 12. Half-dozen largesse
   competition, newcomer A&S competition, other A&S and bardic competitions.
   New A&S and Bardic championships will also take place. See event listing
   for more info. <https://atlantia.sca.org/event/?event_id=6182bad22a46b>
   - *Gulf Wars-* March 12-20. Several classes as well as Artisans War
   Point. More info on the website
   <https://www.gulfwars.org/activities/arts-sciences-2/classes/class-schedule/>
   here.
   - *Raven's Cove Baronial Birthday-* March 19. Bardic, brewing, garb and
   more! See the event website
   <https://baronyofravenscoveevent.weebly.com/arts-and-science.html> here.
   - *Defending the Gate-* March 26. Some sort of display and competition. Keep
   an eye on the website for details
   <http://sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org/events/defending-the-gate-xiv/>
   - *Virtual In a Phoenix Eye-* March 26. Gallery, discussion, solars, and
   panels. More info to come on the event page.
   <https://atlantia.sca.org/event/?event_id=eea86829>
   - *Fiber Arts Workshop-* March 26. Workshops and displays. See the event
   page here. <https://atlantia.sca.org/event/?event_id=d59a9122>
   - *Persona Development Challenges for TRH Adelhait and Cuan*- 4
   different deadlines, works in progress accepted until TRH's final court at
   Fall Coronation. Check out the details on the Facebook post here
   <https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=3178606279025406&set=gm.2202532893218033>
   and register here <https://forms.gle/kez9zjLKzVSNYgB3A>!

--
YIS,