[Ponte Alto] Weekly Rundown 4/11

Mariana Ruiz de Medina marianaruizdemedina at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 08:21:05 PDT 2022

Happy Monday Ponte Alto!

Thank you to everyone who joined A&S for Bloodbath and congratulations to
Demetrios who won the scroll blanks competition! This week, we have a
University roundtable and look forward to seeing people there.

*Updates for the Week*

   -

   We are still in need of largess! Contact Her Excellency to learn more.
   -

   I am still looking for anyone who may want to take up the mantle of MoAS
   or Social Media Officer once my tenure for these is up at the end of
   October! Please feel free to reach out and we can chat about what exactly
   that position entails.

*Events this Week*

   -

   *Monday 4/11- Archery Practice at Grimmsfield. *Directions available
   here. <https://www.grimmsfield.org/directions>
   -

   *Wednesday, 4/13 7 pm- "What the heck am I teaching at University?"
   Roundtable.* On Zoom. Details on the Facebook event here.
   <https://fb.me/e/3bsJyoUr2>
   -

   *Thursday, 4/14, 6 pm- Heavy and Rapier practices.* Please check the
   facebook group to confirm that practices are happening
   -

   *Sunday, 4/17, 12 pm- Heavy and Rapier practices,.* Please check the
   facebook group to confirm that practices are happening.

*Upcoming A&S Opportunities- April and May 2022*

   - *Night Under a Faie Moon, 4/16-* Mask competition, dayshade
   decorating, 16th century cooking, and our very own Baron Drogo will be
   teaching brewing! More details on the event page here.
   <https://atlantia.sca.org/event/?event_id=3850404b>
   - *Hidden Mountain Baronial Birthday, 4/23-* A wide variety of Hidden
   Mountain themed A&S, with further explanation linked.
   <https://atlantia.sca.org/event/?event_id=1eb348ef>
   - *Revenge of the Stitch, 4/23- * Major garb related A&S as well as
   bardic and static displays! See the website for more info.
   <https://spiaggiarevengeofthestitch.wordpress.com/>
   - *Performing Arts Workshop, 4/30-* Join Nottinghill Coill for a day of
   Performing Arts discussion and learning. More info here.
   <https://atlantia.sca.org/event/?event_id=0b1d5eea>
   - *Crown Tourney, 5/7-* Tempore Atlantia (pre history to 1000 AD) and
   the Persona Challenge display. There will also be a youth display on "What
   does the SCA mean to you?" See the event page for more info.
   <https://crown.atlantia.sca.org/>
   - *Highland River Melees, 5/14- *Gubbins! Pocket Trash! Whatever you
   call it, A&S competition for the odds and ends that flesh out a persona.
   There will also be bardic and classes, and the event website has more
   details. <http://highlandfoorde.atlantia.sca.org/highland-river-melees/>
   - *Gardens of Thyme and Oakwood, 5/14- * An agriculture, forestry, and
   tending the land focused day of some incredible A&S competitions, displays,
   demos, and classes. Check it all out here.
   <https://gardensofthyme.atlantia.sca.org/>
   - *Hawkwood Baronial Birthday, 5/20-* Primarily virtual, bardic and
   classes. Details on the event page here.
   <https://sites.google.com/view/hwbb/>
   - *Ruby Joust, 5/27-5/30- *Dance, Performing Arts, Competitions. Keep an
   eye on the website. <http://caermear.atlantia.sca.org/gemjoust.html>

--
YIS,
Doña Mariana Ruiz de Medina