[Ponte Alto] Your opinions welcome about lunch menu for Crown Tourney

Kim Toyofuku kim.toyofuku at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 23:36:53 PDT 2018

Greetings Good Gentles,
I'm writing to you today as I try to finalize the menu for the fundraiser
lunch for Crown Tourney to seek your opinion on options and comments
regarding what will be presented at the event. Alas, I have been absent for
several years & feel a bit out of touch with current society trends.

The general info for lunch is $5 & you must pre-reg at least 2 weeks before
the event. No lunches without pre-reg though I may be able to squeeze in
some last minute ones if contacted 1 week before event. I will ask everyone
to choose their options by filling out a form & will prepare based on those
choices. I will not box this up but will have the list there. This will be
served buffet line style & we will serve everyone ourselves. Dessert will
be served separate from the lunch line at a different set up. We ask people
to bring their feast gear to be more environmentally friendly though I will
have backups also. If possible & I can get runners, I may offer delivery
service. Lunch will be redeemable by token only. You must have it to
exchange for lunch & they will be handed out at troll.

The tentative menu is as follows:

*Soups: Choose one*
French Potage: chicken, leeks, onions, garlic, sweet potato, celery,
carrots thyme, parsley, chicken broth - the soup is actually pureed so no
solid veggies & chicken will be added later

* Not firm on this but I would like poultry based recipe as we will have
beef stew at Wild Hunt

Veggie Options..not sure if should do both if you think curry won't work

Japanese Curry: turnips, carrots, vegetable stock, turmeric, coriander,
fenugreek, cumin, orange peel, pepper, chili pepper, cinnamon, fennel,
ginger, star anise, thyme, bay leaves, cloves, nutmeg, sage, cardamom,
salt, sugar, flour, canola oil - offering this because I want to get rid of
this curry mix I can't use...not gluten free

Lentil Stew: lentils, salt, onion, cilantro, saffron, olive oil, vinegar,
eggs, vegetable stock (carrot, celery, onion)

Savory Toasted Cheese: brie, cream cheese, butter, onion...may change brie
for another homemade cheese

Choice 2 items for soup & cheese: medium grain rice, French roll (leftover
from Wild Hunt), savory pizzelle (parmesan herb, Pecorino & pepper, lemon &
dill - only doing one so tell me what you think), GF: Savory Socca pizzelle
(made with chickpea flour, olive oil, cumin)

*If anyone wants a veggie option for their STC as one of their choices, I
always have broccoli & can add that for them no problem as a choice.

Dessert (Choose 2 pizzelles): anise, vanilla, chocolate - trying to make
them all gluten free but will have GF options at least - with dark
chocolate fountain on dessert table. For those who want a carb-free option,
I can substitute an apple. The fountain will be manned by experienced
handlers to maintain proper fountain etiquette...body parts in fountain,
double dipping, etc.

Also offering a dessert table option with additional pizzelles, periodish
marshmallows, dried fruit, various fresh fruit, other period donated or
made sweets, "Spike" cookie cutter ornaments filled with varying types of
fudge & make your own dipped apples. Anyone who cares to donate anything,
please let me know. All profits go to your coffers.

Beverages: various sekanjabin, honey ginger tea, water

*My appeal for your feedback:*
- Suggestions for the carnivore soup
- Suggestions on flavors for pizzelles...here is what I've already heard:
lemon, orange, rosewater, lavender, almond, amaretto, strawberry,
raspberry, pistachio, pumpkin
- Suggestions for other period desserts for the dessert table. May not be
able to do them but options are always good and donations are even better.
- Trying to figure out how to go about the dessert table option. We can
either charge a $5 dessert fee to include a set number of items. Or charge
for the individual dipping items & thrown in the fountain for free. Or ask
for a donation to be determined by the guest. Please let me know what you
think would be best for your group.
- Will be advertising lunch & the various options on all local & kingdom
lists & Facebook as well as hopefully make an announcement about it at Wild
Hunt & talk about it at events. If you can think of other ways to encourage
people to sign up, let me know. I welcome ideas on how to try to get the
word out.

I don't know if this will take up too much bandwith on your group space so
you are always welcome to drop me a line via email kim.toyofuku at gmail.com
about any suggestions, comments, concerns, donations or volunteers. I will
send in the final menu to be posted no later than Sept 15th.

Thank you all in advance for your help & time. I know with your help that
lunch will be a success!

Yours in Service,
Lady Kim of Wolfshaven