[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [Atlantia-Announce] Archers vs Invaders -- April in Bright Hills

Christine Menton ladypartypanther at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 19:30:52 PST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Karen Setze via Announce" <announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>
Date: Mar 1, 2016 10:30 PM
Subject: [Atlantia-Announce] Archers vs Invaders -- April in Bright Hills
To: "brighthills at yahoogroups.com" <brighthills at yahoogroups.com>, "Merry
Rose" <atlantia at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>, "Announce List" <
announce at atlantia.sca.org>, "yahoogroups" <lochmere at yahoogroups.com>,
"yahoogroups" <storvik at yahoogroups.com>, "yahoogroups" <
spiaggia at yahoogroups.com>, "Highland-foorde" <
highland-foorde at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>, "yahoogroups" <
greenlionbay at yahoogroups.com>, "silver_rylle at lists.eastkingdom.org" <
silver_rylle at lists.eastkingdom.org>, "caeradamant at yahoogroups.com" <
caeradamant at yahoogroups.com>, "owlsherst-shire at yahoogroups.com" <
owlsherst-shire at yahoogroups.com>

*Atlantian Royal Archery Tournament: Stop the Invasion!*
April 9, 2016
Barony of Bright Hills

Let the word go forth: Atlantia faces imminent invasion. The kingdom's
defenses rely on the strength, skill, and stout hearts of the men and women
of the bow. But numbers alone will not save the realm. The accuracy and
speed of the kingdom's premier archers are the weapons that will slay the
terrible tyrants and cruel conspirators driving the attack.

In addition to deciding the next Atlantian Royal Archer, the day will also
offer the opportunity to compete for a prize arrow and the year's bragging
rights as the best in any royal round ranking except novice.

*Martial Activities:*  target archery

*A&S Activities:* Bards, Musicians, Dancers, Poets, Philosophers,
Storytellers, Performers of all kinds, are invited to while away the day in
or near the renowned Sekunjabin Tavern, singing songs, swapping stories,
sharing gossip and brewing mischief. The autocrat offers prizes for
archery-themed performances.

*Children's Activities:* a tournament to slay small dragons with miniature
crossbow and trebuchet and marshmallow amunition, and dragon eggs to color,
all run by Lady Katarzyna Witkowska.

*Cost:*
        Adult, Member:              $12.00 Day-Trip $0.00 Feast     $0.00
Camping
        Adult, Non-Member:      $17.00 Day-Trip $0.00 Feast     $0.00
Camping
        Youth (6-17):                  $6.00   Day-Trip  $0.00 Feast
$0.00 Camping
        Child (0-5):                     $0.00    Day-Trip  $0.00 Feast
$0.00 Camping

*Make Checks Payable To:*  SCA-MD, Inc., Barony of Bright Hills

*Cost Notes:*  No family (of parents and children) will pay more in site
fees than the cost of two adults and two children, $36, (not counting
non-member surcharges.)  Refunds will be given if requested by May 1,
2016.

*Site:*  Baltimore Bowmen, 10301 Harford Road, Glen Arm, MD 21057.  Site
opens at 9 am and closes at 6 pm.

*Site Restrictions:*  Alcohol is forbidden on the archery ranges. Pets are
allowed on site but must be leashed and owners must clean up after them. No
smoking in the building or toilets.

*Lunch* will be a fund-raiser for the Bright Hills Cooks Guild.

*Merchanting Information:*  Merchants are MOST welcome! Contact the
Merchant Coordinator: Lady Livia di Samuele (mka Sherrill Abramson). 7927
Mandan Road, Apt. 104, Greenbelt, MD 20770. (301)807-5476; abramsonsm[AT]
gmail.com

*Autocrat's Information:*  Lady Yseulte Trevelyn (Karen Setze), 1629 Riedel
Road, Crofton, MD 21114,  Phone: (410) 721-4752, E-mail:
yseulteharper at gmail.com

*Reservations:*  Lord Cairell MacCormaick (Carl Jacobs), 7927 Mandan Road,
Apt. 104, Greenbelt, MD 20770,  Phone: (443) 416-8356, E-mail:
 cairellmaccormaic[AT]yahoo.com

*Directions:*
>From the North: Take I-695 towards Towson, and take Exit 31B Harford Road.
Follow Harford Road about 2 miles, through three traffic lights. Once you
pass the second light, North Wind Road, you are very close. Follow Harford
Road down the hill a ¼  mile and watch for signs on the right. Turn right
and go through two gates. You are there!

>From the South: Take I-95 north to Baltimore and through the Fort McHenry
Tunnel (toll $4). Continue on I-95, getting into the right lane to take
Exit 65 onto I-695 towards Towson. Drive about two miles to Exit 31B
Harford Road. Follow Harford Road about two miles through 3 traffic lights.
Once you pass the second light at North Wind Road, you are very close.