[Ponte Alto] Update for those going to War of the Wings: 2 re-posts

Adina adinavdh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 21:24:39 PDT 2015

Update for those going to War of the Wings: 2 re-posts

apx 2PM 12 October
"Gisela just posted this in WOW group. ...
Folks, there have been some changes that are very important. PLEASE READ
and pass on to others coming to WoW.
The county here has a new fire marshal who came to site today which has
caused some changes.
1) We have lost use of the new building. The iFirenzi performance, Bawdy
Bardic, Rabble Rousing, A&S displays and competitions, The Scribal
Scriptorium, the Fiber Solar, the Science Fair and Heralds Point will be
relocated in the Village.
2) The Library is cancelled. I am very sorry. We just don't have any
shelter to put it under at this point.
3) Bonfires are no longer allowed at WoW due to NC Fire Code requirements.
4) Camp fires must be no larger than 3' square and need 20' clearance on
all sides
5) There will be a correction to locations and scheduled activities printed
and available at Gate and Information Point.
Deepest Apologies to all for any inconvenience. Please pass this info on to
others who may need it.
Gisela"

apx 10PM 12 October
"Good Gentles of Atlantia
By no means should anyone be contacting any public official in Yadkin
county NC in regards to WoW. Please bring any concerns to the event staff.
We are working on the issues that where brought up today. These are not new
laws or regulations, just old ones now being enforced.
We are working and moving to plan B, C and in some cases D. These issue may
impact many camps. But please be patient and understanding. We are not
thrilled with having to make changes and we are scrambling to deliver to
you all the best event we can.
Thank you all,
Lord Alesander Davidson
Seneschal, Barony of the Sacred Stone"