[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [Atlantia-Announce] Tempore Atlantia at 12th Night

Christine Menton seneschal at pontealto.atlantia.sca.org
Tue Jan 6 04:19:11 PST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Janina Krakowska via Announce <announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>
Date: Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 2:54 PM
Subject: [Atlantia-Announce] Tempore Atlantia at 12th Night
To: announce <announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>

Greetings to the Fair Folk of Atlantia!

I am Baroness Janina Krakowska, your new Deputy MoAS for Tempore Atlantia.  The
time period for the Tempore for this 12th Night is 1500 - 1600 AD. There is
not only a competition, but a display as well!  Being one of the most
visible A&S events of the year, many look forward to seeing the variety of
work being done in our fair Kingdom. There will be a small token of
appreciation for entrants with the prize for the competition being a rather
massive book of The Art of the Renaissance.

 People may bring as many items as they wish to participate in a Tempore
Atlantia exhibition. The only criteria will be that those items be from the
time period being highlighted at that particular event. We hope that the
Kingdom’s Laurels, Pearls, and others will make it a regular part of their
event day to visit the display area and perhaps leave comments and/or
tokens for participants. Entrants will be able to mark their items as
“non-competitive” (display-only) if they choose.

What is the Tempore you ask?  A competition where entries only have to
compete with items from the same time period. So Viking wire-work does not
have to be compared with Elizabethan jewelry.  There are 5 competitions
each year (both Crown Tourneys and Coronations, and 12th Night) covering
the time periods of Pre-history to 1250 A.D.; 1250 A.D. to 1400 A.D.; 1400
A.D. to 1500 A.D.; and 1500 A.D. to 1600 A.D.  This ensures that time
periods rotate through the events.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to seeing all of the wonderful
work!

In Service to Atlantia!
Baroness Janina Krakowska
Deputy MOAS for Tempore Atlantia