[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [Atlantia-Announce] A Unique Opportunity for Sharing at Kingdom A&S

Christine Menton ladypartypanther at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 08:36:25 PST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kit Wellner via Announce <announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>
Date: Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Subject: [Atlantia-Announce] A Unique Opportunity for Sharing at Kingdom A&S
To: Atlantian Announce <announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>, "Sharpe,
Angela" <angela.sharpe at hp.com>

>From … To.  This type of project is an exercise in living history, taking
the arts, crafts, and sciences of a number of people and learning them all
so that you can create something from its inception to its end product,
working the whole process with your own hands, gaining an appreciation for
the art, finesse, and endeavoring spirit of medieval artisans and
tradesmen.   I am Saaida Sajah bint-Habushun ibn-Ishandiyar al-Hajjaji,
A&S champion of the Barony of Windmasters’ Hill, and I am sponsoring
competition and an  open display of these unique explorations of process
and creation at the Kingdom Arts & Sciences Festival  March 7, 2015.

Those who wish to compete please mark your entry accordingly and sign up on
the entrant sheet.  If you would like feedback only on your project please
provide a means of recording the words of the judges and attendees who view
your work.  All participants are encouraged to bring touchable samples of
various stages, tools or a test product for others to try a hand with, or
other facet of the process that would allow participation by others rather
than simply viewing the documentation and end product.  They are also
encouraged to commit to spending a small portion of the day with their
display explaining and answering questions.   I am bringing my work on a
Soil to Scroll project, which has inspired me as well as taught me a great
deal more than simply reading the period manuals and modern discussions
that formed the basis for the project,  to display and I heartily encourage
feedback from everyone who drops by to see it.   If you, too,  have taken
an end product back to its beginnings in the soil, water, field, or stone
and seen it through on its journey to the artwork you envisioned please
bring your work and documentation and share this with our Kingdom.
Entertain.  Instruct.  Enlighten.  Inspire.

Please cross-post to all lists and post on Facebook groups. Thank you!

*Sajah of the Many Names*
*Minion of Her Highness Seonaid ni Fhionn, MOL, and unofficial Atlantian
Minister of Hugs*

Per pale vert and purpure, a panther rampant argent, incensed Or,spotted
vert and purpure