[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [Atlantia-Announce] Pennsic Atlantia Archery Report

Christine Menton ladypartypanther at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 21:28:58 PDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jay Nardone via Announce <announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>
Date: Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Subject: [Atlantia-Announce] Pennsic Atlantia Archery Report
To: announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org

Good evening my fellow Atlantian’s, since it was not mentioned formally I
wanted to pass along that we should all be proud of the Atlantia archers.
They were very busy this past Pennsic and pulled their own weight as usual.
There were four areas of focus the archers contributed too:

*St. Sebastian’s IV*

This year marked the 4th year in a row Atlantia has hosted and conducted
the St. Sebastian’s shoot. We had over 290 archers shoot this year’s
course. There were 38 Atlantian marshal’s running the event and 11 of them
constructed and provided the targets for the archers to shoot. There were
archers from 9 Kingdoms shooting the event. Atlantian archers donated over
$350 of their own money towards 14 gift certificates presented as prizes
along with award arrows custom made by Janyn Fletcher. The shoot was
dedicated this year to Mistress Nuala of Needwood and we all felt she was
smiling down upon us with great weather and a great turnout of archers.
Atlantia has now supported over 1,000 archers over these last 4 years. We
have had Monarchs and Royalty from many kingdoms also participate in the
event. There were many articles in the Pennsic Independent this year about
the shoot.

*Combat Archery*

The Atlantian combat archers were also out in force and for any one battle
there were 10-14 archers defending our troops. Over 6,000 pieces of
ammunition needed to be re-inspected after each battle.

*Champions Team*

Atlantia this year took 7 of the 10 “Allies” spots on the Champions team.
Each year politics surround spots and placement of archers and although
Atlantia secured the top 16 slots of the qualifying shoot, we were only
allocated 7 spaces. The 7 Atlantian archers gave their all and the Mid team
only lost the shoot by 70 points in the end.

*War Points and Marshal support*

Over 45 archers from Atlantia participated in shooting war points for our
Kingdom. Also we had 28 marshals support the running of the ranges as
either line marshals or the Range Marshal in charge. This number comprised
almost 31 percent of all marshals supporting the war point effort, this is
not trivial for an ally as small as our Kingdom!

If there was any doubt that the archers were not contributing to the entire
effort, this should put those to rest.

In Service to our Kingdom and our Dream!

THL Janyn Fletcher of Lancastreschire, DEM TA Atlantia

“Those who stand for nothing, will fall for anything!” –Alexander Hamilton

Per pale vert and purpure, a panther rampant argent, incensed Or,spotted
vert and purpure