[Ponte Alto] Peg Loom Experience?

elizschr at aol.com elizschr at aol.com
Mon Mar 26 05:06:08 PDT 2012

Hi, Bevin.

We've done similar weaving with soda straws instead of a peg loom.  Just google it and you'll find lots of how-to's.  That was limited to the number of straws we could easily hold.  We did find it was easier if the warp threads were smooth (like crochet cotton or cheap kitchen twine) and the weft wraps were fluffier.  (In our case, for a school project, it was dead-dinosaur worsted yarn in obnoxious colors.)

You wouldn't have to drill holes through the pegs. You could carve or file a groove around the peg and tie the warp into that groove.

Regards, Beth