[Ponte Alto] Chalice of the Sun God VIII: Feast of the Minotaur - Calling for Performers and Artisans!

Kristin snarlingbadger at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 07:15:11 PDT 2011

Please feel free to reshare this and spread the word!

Well met!

Today I share information about our traditional Arts & Sciences competitions
at Chalice of the Sun God VIII: Feast of the
Minotaur<http://pontealto.atlantia.sca.org/events/chalice.php>,
held October 22, 2011. We are at a different site this year, and it is a one
day event, so we’ll need to pack all that fun into Saturday!

We will be selecting a Chalice Performer and a Chalice Artisan from amongst
the competitors. The winners will enjoy bragging rights and chocolate!

Today we are reminding folks of the theme, and also that any element that
may relate to the legend works.  Theseus, Ariadne, Minos, yarn, labyrinths,
bulls, evergreen trees... there are many more elements within the convoluted
story - so long as you can trace a thread from your project to the myth,
you’re in good shape!

I’ve included a link to one version of the story - feel free to do your own
research!

http://www.explorecrete.com/history/labyrinth-minotaur.htm
 <http://www.online-mythology.com/perseus_medusa/>
 <http://www.online-mythology.com/perseus_medusa/>
We’re looking forward to seeing you in October!

Yours in Service,

Lady Bevin an Broc Drannach,
MOAS, Barony of Ponte Alto