[Ponte Alto] Fw: [Branchseneschals] Fwd: Esteemed Seneschals of the Society

Robert Capozello afpopa at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 01:25:54 PDT 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----

the Knowne World from Their Excellencies Baron Hajji Turahan Karamani
al-Arsalan and Baronness Jadi Fatima al-Ishfahani al-Samarkandiyya, and
the Populace of the Barony of South Downs.  As you may know DragonCon is
coming to our fair city of Atlanta over Labor Day weekend, September
2-5, 2011. The Barony of South Downs will have a fan table set up at
the Hyatt Hotel to welcome visitors and to introduce DragonCon attendees to the SCA.  In this effort, the Barony is in search of volunteers to
attend the table and to assist in various other activities.

>We are in need of people to be in charge of the table for Saturday, Sunday and Monday, including set up in the morning and take down in the
evening and people who are willing to sit and monitor the table for one
or more two hour shifts throughout, Friday to Monday, the event. Our fan table is in the Hyatt on Exhibition level - 2, below the lobby. This
is a wonderful opportunity to mingle with other SCAdians from throughout the world and to introduce newcomers to The Dream of the Present Middle Ages. Additionally, the Barony will be marching in the DragonCon
Parade on Saturday morning, and welcomes all SCAdians in garb to join
with us. There is a chariot for the parade, however strong bodied
individuals are needed to be charioteers and pull. If there are not
sufficient able bodied volunteers in advance of the Con, the chariot
will not be used. All volunteers must wear garb and have a
DragonCon membership.