[Ponte Alto] In Search Of...

Adina adinavdh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 11:11:31 PDT 2011

Greetings Ponte Alto!

 Vivat! to all who contribute through attendance at events, meetings,
sharing what we are about with new folks, volunteering time/your
home/expertise, research, garb making, hosting meetings, practices,
marshaling, teaching, etc..  As always, I am amazed how we are able to make
time to do this thing we love so much.  It takes each of us, dedicating our
time and energy to make our experiences better for each of us individually
and as a group.

  As with many things in our lives, sometimes we need a break from a steady
diet of that which we are passionate about so that we may return again with
a renewed passion.  Often we will change our focus a bit to give us a new
lease on what we enjoy, some things however, we must step away from before
we can return to them.

  For many volunteer positions in the SCA and Ponte Alto, this is an
opportunity for a new person to step in and give a seasoned veteran a much
deserved break.  As always, we search out those who are wiling and able to
carve out another hour or so a week to dedicate to making the Dream
possible.
  Currently, we are in search of a Chronicler.  Our current Chronicler has
been in office for quite some time now and her warrant is due to expire.
This is a wonderful chance for someone to step into the position -
especially if you are in this line of work.  Do you realize, doing a
newsletter for a non-profit organization can be a very nice addition to
your resume -regardless of your line of work?

  Ponte Alto's Chronicler may be the position I am addressing specifically
today, but almost any position in the Barony can benefit from having a
deputy or two.  If you are interested a position, please feel free to
contact the individual currently in that position and/or come to the
business meeting (the 4th Sunday of the month, in Falls Church) to meet the
folks who are trying to make decisions representative of the desires of the
populous of Ponte Alto.

  Again, Vivat! to all our Pontoons, we wouldn't be where we are today
without you.

  Adina

Baronessa di Ponte Alto

baronage AT pontealto.atlantia.sca.org