[Ponte Alto] Sapphire Joust

Eliisa Harman eliisaharman at gmail.com
Tue May 31 20:14:32 PDT 2011

I wanted to append this by agreeing that Sapphire Joust was indeed a great
time! And by thanking all of the fine folks of Ponte Alto for making our
first SCA camping trip (and, indeed, our first camping trip, period, with
the kids) a successful and dare I say FUN endeavor. I know they were a bit
on the whiny side at times, but considering they're 2 and 1, they did pretty
well, I suppose. Thanks for everyone's patience as they fought naps,
complained about being made to walk instead of being carried everywhere, and
ate their weight in fruit and goldfish whilst scoffing at the delicious
hunks o' meat and camp-made cheese on offer. Sebastian said on several
occasions that camping was "his favorite," so we'll no doubt be doing more
of it in the future!

I don't know about all the political stuff, but I do have to say that it has
been amazing being part of Ponte Alto during the seven months since we went
to our first event. You have all been so welcoming, instructive, and patient
with us and our children. We're planning on bringing a few friends to
Highland River Melees to introduce them to the joys of the SCA...that's how
much of a positive impression you've made on us! There was some talk around
the fire Saturday night about how some Baronies were more separated into
households or whatnot, but that Ponte Alto was one big family, and a very
inclusive one at that. We've definitely found that to be true, and it makes
for a very welcoming atmosphere for newcomers like us.

Thank you all for being awesome. That is all.

~Annika, Hannus, and the wee ones