[Ponte Alto] Storvik Novice Tourney

Drogo Dragonara drogod at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 19:19:34 PDT 2011

Greetings unto the fabulous Barony of Ponte Alto!

We have to say that Novice Tourney was a great time, even if it was as
hot and humid as sitting in a pot of boiling water (well... maybe it
wasn't quite that bad).

There were a good number of competitions and a good number of Pontoons
that participated and did very well.

A&S:
Aveline won the A&S novice competition with her Mead.  It was quite
good, even the Baronial Brewer was bragging about it.  Lady Caitilin
Irruis inghean ui Riada placed well with her felted Hat - she learned
how to do this at Highland River Melees two weeks ago, and maybe we
can get her to teach a class or two on how to felt wool.

Heavy fighting:
Lord Lucas placed second in the un-belted tourney AND he was inducted
into the Company of Sergeants of Saint Aidan.  Congrats to Lucas for
such an outstanding achievement!

Rapier fighting:
Lady Caitilín Inghean Fheichín also placed second in the non-novice
Rapier tourney.  It was a very close final that went all three rounds
for the best 2 of 3.
Baron Drogo authorized heavy and light Rapier and went on to win the
Novice tourney.

Thrown Weapons:
Annette (OK, she isn't a Pontoon, she was visiting Aveline from Gleann
Abhann but she used to live around here (and we might be able to
convince her to move back)) won the Novice list.  This is even more
outstanding when you consider it was the first time she had ever used
thrown weapons!

Vivat to all the good people of Ponte Alto that came to Storvik Novice
Tourney and their valiant efforts, We know the Barony had fun because
despite the heat, every time We ran across a Pontoon there was a smile
on their face!

We would also like to thank all those who helped set up and take down
the Baronial Day shade, the helping hands of this great Barony always
help make light work.

--
Drogo and Adina
Barone e la Baronessa di Ponte Alto