[Ponte Alto] thank you!

Eliisa Harman eliisaharman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 09:06:11 PDT 2010

Greetings everyone!

I hope this is an acceptable use of the Barony email list...but I wanted to
sincerely thank everyone for being so welcoming and helpful at our very
first SCA event (Chalice on Saturday).  Our whole family had a great time,
and we met so many wonderful people and learned so much.  Sebastian is still
talking about the guys in armor (who he told several times during the day to
"stop hitting!" ha!), and especially the fun he had with his new friend Ben
(Flora's son) during the feast.

We didn't really know what to expect, especially not knowing anyone and
being so very new to the SCA world.  But everyone was amazingly friendly and
we felt like part of the group right away.  We got tons of answers to our
questions, many offers to join various activities, and a general feeling of
being accepted and very welcome.  We weren't sure about staying for feast,
as the kids were tired and it was, of course, our first time, but I'm SO
glad we did.  The food was delicious, the company was entertaining, and the
experience was one for the memory books.  (I have, in all my dorkery,
actually recorded "first SCA event" in both boys' baby books...yes, I am
that mother!)

We're greatly looking forward to Crown and seeing even more of what SCA has
to offer.  In the meantime, we think we've come up with at least our first
names for our SCA personas (personae?), but will be chatting with the Herald
on the 6th to solidify things. I'm planning on going with Annika, and Ken
will be Hannus.  Or at least we'd like to try those on for size and see how
they work, if we can learn to answer to them, etc.  :)

So anyway, thank you all again for your hospitality and camaraderie, and for
the best first event we could have imagined.  We'll see you in a few weeks
at Crown!

~Annika (Eliisa) and Hannus (Ken) and the wee ones