[Ponte Alto] Sapphire Joust info

Katharine Devereaux katdevereaux at hotmail.com
Tue May 4 13:14:47 PDT 2010

Hi Gorm!

How are you and Rhiannon getting settled in this area?
Yes, I will say that the preferable color choice is Black and gold! Red & Blue is sooooo last month... ;)

Katharine

Howdy new neighbors (Yep, you've been invaded by the of Berra's, we
live in Fairfax now...still setting up housekeeping, but we'll be out
soonish, Sapphire is out this year though).

I might know just a little about Sapphire Jousts, having lived in Caer
Mear for a decade...:)

Yes, fighting activities are organized all day both Saturday and
Sunday.  *sometimes* there is something Friday night, but not always.

Sunday's fighting tends to die down earlier, generally just due to
battle fatigue, but there's always stuff going until at least 3 or
so...later if they arranged the schedule for something very cool to
wrap up the weekend.  Sunday night's Court is generally very Caer Mear
centric (sometimes it's just a Baronial, if their Majesties conducted
all their business Saturday).  Given that this is also an Investiture
for Caer Mear, I'd expect the new B&B to sit a court.

Do realize you *can* stay until Monday if you want, and Sunday night's
parties are generally things not to be missed.

Go on down and stay as long as you can (do be considerate and leave
Monday morning though, the Autocrat would like to get home too :) ).

In service,

Gorm of Berra
(Hmm...does this mean I have to start figuring out how to make
fighting tabards that aren't red and blue?)