[Ponte Alto] Sapphire Joust info

Lady Rhiannon of Berra ladyrhi at gmail.com
Tue May 4 13:07:41 PDT 2010

As the previous (as in the last Sapphire) autocrat, I'd like to interject.

We have indeed invaded Ponte Alto, and have been here for about two and a
half weeks, so far, in our little apartment out here in Fairfax!  We are
tickled to be part of Ponte Alto and can't wait to become involved!

 If you have ANY questions about the event, feel free to drop a line to
autocrat, Baron William Cameron.  Friday afternoon is generally setup and I
know in the past, they have appreciated anyone who's willing to help.  Folks
who are generally willing to help with set-up generally get onsite earlier.

There CAN be fighting on Friday (pickups and an occasional torchlight
tourney has happened in the not too distant past)... again, contact the
autocrat or their Marshall in Charge for specifics.

There is generally ALL manner of fighting, fun and festivities on Saturday;
with a lot of it spilling over into Sunday.  The site IS open til Monday,
but is usually closed on Noon at Monday (and trust me on this, the autocrat
would love to have the site empty by then because home is a wonderful thing
by then).

There is A&S aplenty as well on Saturday and Sunday... I heard a rumor of
classes as well as competitions and displays, but I could be wrong; I'd
suggest you contact the autocrat on that, too (do you sense a theme here?)

Rhiannon (the other half of the "of Berra's")
(and no Gorm, *YOU* don't need to figure out how to make other than red and
blue tabards, I think that's generally my job :-)

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Alan MacNeill <gormofberra at gmail.com> wrote:

> Howdy new neighbors (Yep, you've been invaded by the of Berra's, we
> live in Fairfax now...still setting up housekeeping, but we'll be out
> soonish, Sapphire is out this year though).
>
> I might know just a little about Sapphire Jousts, having lived in Caer
> Mear for a decade...:)
>
> Yes, fighting activities are organized all day both Saturday and
> Sunday.  *sometimes* there is something Friday night, but not always.
>
> Sunday's fighting tends to die down earlier, generally just due to
> battle fatigue, but there's always stuff going until at least 3 or
> so...later if they arranged the schedule for something very cool to
> wrap up the weekend.  Sunday night's Court is generally very Caer Mear
> centric (sometimes it's just a Baronial, if their Majesties conducted
> all their business Saturday).  Given that this is also an Investiture
> for Caer Mear, I'd expect the new B&B to sit a court.
>
> Do realize you *can* stay until Monday if you want, and Sunday night's
> parties are generally things not to be missed.
>
> Go on down and stay as long as you can (do be considerate and leave
> Monday morning though, the Autocrat would like to get home too :) ).
>
> In service,
>
> Gorm of Berra
> (Hmm...does this mean I have to start figuring out how to make
> fighting tabards that aren't red and blue?)
>
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Rich Manzano <rich_manzano at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > OK, so Sapphire Joust.
> >
> > Having never been I know zero about it and the web page is still a bit
> light
> > on schedule details.
> >
> > Do folks normally go down on Friday? Is there ('organized') fightin' all
> > three days? My rough idea so far was to maybe caravan down with some
> > Pontoons on Fri and head back Sunday morning to beat the crowds on 95. Or
> > are there major Sunday shenanigans I don't want to miss?

Lady Rhiannon of Berra, CP
MKA Gina L. MacNeill
List Moderator of the Atlantianweavers Yahoogroup

check out my etsy shop at:  http:ginasgoodiesva.etsy.com

Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything offered to me
as the result of an unsolicited e-mail message. Nor will I forward
chain letters, petitions, mass mailings, or virus warnings to large
numbers of others. This is my contribution to the survival of the
online community.