[Ponte Alto] Guppy Gala is Friday

elizschr at aol.com elizschr at aol.com
Sun May 9 19:12:07 PDT 2010

Just a reminder for the Guppy Gala demo this Friday evening, May 14th.  It's open to the public from 6-8:30 pm and open to demo participants for set up and teardown outside those hours.

Several of the fighters at today's practice are planning to attend.  You might want to give Richard (liaison between SCA and zoo) a heads-up that you'll be there syrrichard at yahoo.com.

I sent this a couple of weeks ago ...

[BEGIN QUOTE]
My usual partners in providing live music and dance (both demo and audience participation) aren't available for this year's Guppy Gala.

I have melody (flute) and percussion (coerced labor by the teenage son) covered.  My hubby and I can fumble through leading some of the very easy [audience participation] dances that kids LOVE.  We were thinking Horses Bransle, Tangle Bransle, and maybe Belle Qui (simplified).

We certainly hope that some of the other demo participants will feel comfortable jumping in and dancing, too.

If any of you would like to arrange a set of dancers who know any other dance, feel free!  You'll need to either bring your own electronic music and player or contact me to make sure I have sheet music with the right repeat counts.

If any musicians are comfortable with public sight-reading, please join me.
[END QUOTE]

Looking forward to seeing you at the zoo if you can be there.

Regards,
Beth/Lady Lisbet